Pakistan – India Hotline contact – Local commanders of the Pakistani and Indian armies made hotline contact on Monday night in the Rawalakot-Poonch sector along the Line of Control (LoC), the military’s media wing Inter Services Public Relations said in a statement.
The contact came in the wake of Indian allegations that Pakistani troops had killed and mutilated the bodies of two Indian soldiers. A claim the Pakistani military has denied.
“Indian counterpart was told that there has been no CFV (ceasefire violation) or crossing of the line of control by Pakistani troops from Pakistan side nor mutilation of Indian soldiers bodies,” the ISPR statement said.
“Indian authorities were told that there is unnecessary media hype following the allegations. Pakistan remains fully committed to maintain peace and tranquility along the LOC and expect same from other side and hope prudence is exercised and no steps are taken that may lead to vitiating of environment and affect peace along LOC,” it added.
A routine DGMO level hotline is also likely today (Tuesday), the military’s media wing further said.
On Monday, the Indian army had claimed that Pakistani forces fired rockets and mortar bombs at two Indian posts on the LoC, dividing Muslim-majority Kashmir between the two countries, in the Krishna Ghati sector.
Pakistan army has denied the allegations, saying there had been no violation of a ceasefire on the Kashmir frontier and that its soldiers had not mutilated the corpse of any Indian soldier.
“Indian blame of mutilating Indian soldiers’ bodies are also false.
Pakistan Army is a highly professional force and shall never disrespect a soldier, even Indian,” it maintained in a statement.